So we’re 2 weeks into Warlords of Draenor, and I have to say that I’m enjoying it. I don’t know if I like it more than Cata or MoP yet. However, I do like it. I’m in the “This is pretty cool!” camp of WoW players regarding the launch.
That’s not to say there weren’t a ton of problems. For the first time in a LOOOOOOOOOOOONG time, I saw the login queue. The first several days were buggy around the garrisons. In fact, I couldn’t complete my quest to start my garrisons. So I logged in on several toons that would wind up being my resource toons for my main and got them up to the point where they were ready to build their garrison. Since that was as far as anyone was able to go that night, it seemed the way to go. Since then, things have smoothed out.
Being an altaholic, I don’t have anyone level capped just yet. Since I wanted to get a couple garrisons underway so that I could feed materials to my important toons, my main is only at level 96 now. Though, I see him hitting cap in under a week. This is important for 2 reasons.
- I want to start working on gearing up for the raids coming along.
- I want to take part in the 10th Anniversary Molten Core.
With the introduction of Looking For Dungeon in WotLK, I was able to appreciate 5-person content while it was current. With the introduction of Looking For Raid in Cata, I was to experience raiding while it was current. It was because of these 2 tools that Blizz introduced that I decided I wanted to try healing and tanking. I will say that I enjoy healing dungeons and raids. I can honestly say that I enjoy healing instances more than dps-ing. Tanking, on the other hand, I have only enjoyed in dungeons (I might step out into raid tanking this expansion, though. We’ll see.). All this to say, I really want to be able to jump into non-Mythic raiding ASAP.
The 10th Anniversary Molten Core is appealing to me for a number of reasons.
- The Molten Corgi (I know this pet is tied to simply logging in during the anniversary and not the raid, but they are related in my head).
- The Molten Core mount (my hunter on a Core Hound mount, with a Core Hound hunter pet, with a Molten Corgi battle pet, and in his somewhat modified Earthfury transmog…will look pretty damned cool).
- The level 100 Molten Core is supposed to award Hydraxian Waterlords reputation, which my main is still farming. Though I’m not sure if I can double-dip into both the level 60 and the level 100 raids for reputation gains. I’ll find out soon enough.
- I’ve never taken part in a 40-person raid that was current. So I’m curious as to how crazy it gets with all these people crowding the rooms.