Just as EVERYONE else in Azeroth and Draenor has been doing, I’ve been going through my toons and squeezing out some last minute gold with a bit of garrison housekeeping.
- selling all Savage Bloods for Bloody Gold Purses
- converting Garrison Resources for Smuggled Sacks of Gold
- selling all follower upgrade items (if I haven’t used them now [though I could on some] I’m never going to).
- clearing out crafting materials (typically crafting gear and just vendoring it).
While cycling through my toons, I landed on my Inscriptionist. He had some War Paints laying around (1320 to be exact). My options were make 13 staves and vendor them, or test my luck with Cards of Omens. If I made and vendored 13 Etched-Blade Warstaves (55 gold each), I’d have only made 715 gold. So I decided to test my luck.
That many paints netted 2640 cards. This is the breakdown of the cards that I got.
- 1 epic (only the 1000 gold card)
- 36 rare (50 gold and 100 gold cards)
- 215 uncommon (5 gold, 10 gold, and 20 gold cards)
- 2388 common (didn’t bother looking at the denominations).
Even with a macro to /use Card of Omens and a macro to sell Blood Cards, it took a good long while to complete. In the end, I wound up with 6383 gold. That’s a far cry better than 715.
I think I’m done with WoW for the day. My brain is numb and I have plans with the Missus this evening.
To my readers, happy housekeeping.